that`s gold reaches new heights
this evening i have been blessed with the phenomonal news that my thats gold poem made it to the footy show. Many thanks to Stack and Jack`s for geeing it up and to Chief and the boys for inventing such a significant cultural symbol. Can someone please explain how it was read out etc: i cant imagine Fatty coming up with a clever segue.
Well in other news, I am in the middle of Tokyo waiting until the Oz game tonight. I managed to find a little British bar which will play both games. Its cool cause both games are on at once, I watched Czech v Italy and Ghana v US and was pleased too see the little Africans get thru. Would have been better if Italy didnt win cause now we have to play them if we get thru. The best way to sum up my time here so far is confusing. Im very lost and confused cause there isnt many tourists and i dont speak a word of Japanese. The people are definately not as friendly as I hoped but then again I dont really have the confidence to approach random Japanese people and try to conversate. I found some cool places tonight, a jazz bar which really is a jazz bar with mood lighting and hundreds of bottles of spirits and (obviously) jazz. The owner must have had nearly 1000 CDs, they were stacked everywhere. When i told him i was australian he pulled out some Aussie saxophonist and i pretended that I knew who he was. The bartenders were very friendly although i think i was being used purely for English practice, but thats fine. They asked me what `gday mate` and `no worries` meant and in hindsight I should have showed them the open palm and clenched fist that has caputured the imagination of millions worldwide. The other weird thing that happened was when I was walking home yesterday arvo. I walked past a construction site and a guy was holding a bag up. As i walked past,everyone around starting jumping back and ooing and aahing and i looked around and he was holding a giant snake! Slightly insane and scary.
Someone is asleep next to me in the internet cafe. Amusing.
Im living in a two bedroom apartment with a yank called Greg. He`s a little Greg like without (i presume) an irrational hatred of TMs. He`s a cool guy too, unlike the real Greg.
Thanks for the emails, theyre always fun to get, as are the intelligent comments about my blog.
Time to go, gotta kill two hours until the game
COME ON THOSE AUSSIEROOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home