onLoad="openindex()"

Monday, August 21, 2006

getting nude

sadly for all my loyal fans the updates are getting more and more sporadic. But, i have a reason. I have been VERY busy this week, getting into all sorts of wacky adventures. I had 3 days off so i decided to go for an explore of rural/coastal japan, about 4hrs from tokyo. It was a strange experience; i felt very out-of-place and it was nigh impossible to do basic things like withdraw money/book accom/order dinner etc: because practically noone spoke english. So I spend far too much time fighting my way around the basics and not enough time getting into adventures which was annoying. BUT i still found time to do some interesting things as I will now indulge you with.


a rather creepy looking beach. the beaches werent very nice - this was the only went I went to WITH white sand.

*Went to the worlds coolest onsen. It was perched high on a cliff overlooking the pacific. The first time I went there it was completely empty which was cool, but 10 mins later I was sharing a bath with 10 japanese pensioners. It was so funny sitting there with them, a couple spoke a few words of english but they cracked up at everything I said. Sadly I didnt get a photo of me in there with them and now it just looks as though I have rocked up and asked to take a devo photo of random japanese oldies.


the onsen before the invasion


the boys going nuts. They actually took photos when I was in there with them. Would be an interesting one to explain to the grandkids.


the view from the onsen. Decent.

*Had my first traditional Japanese breakfast. Somehow I managed to find accom with help from some very friendly noodle-bar owners. And breakfast was included, yes! It was definately one of the more interesting meals ive had. THere were like 7 bowls of stuff; rice, fish, vegies, yakult!, miso soup and several bits and pieces I had no idea about. I tried a bit of everything - some was tasty, some wasnt tasty, some was genuinely horrible and should never be eaten at 7 o'clock in the morning. But it was one helluva breakfast, no wonder Japanese people live forever, they eat REALLY well.

*Met a zany Japanese widow* (whats the word for a male widow?) at a little restaraunt by the beach. He was 74 but looked in his late 50's and was such a cool guy. His wife died 8 years ago and he was living life to its fullest. Twice a year he drives down to the beach from Tokyo to chill out and relax. He was telling me about his philosophy - 'as long as I have enough money to come to a place like this, drink beer, eat nice food, talk to the young girls....sometimes have the sex, i am happy' HAHA - what a legend. He bought me some beers and we chatted for a couple of hours before I think he was getting a little bit too pissed and had to go home to bed. He also translated the menu for me which I was thankful for as I probably would have ordered a cow's tongue or something rather then the delicious spaghetti marinara I got. Good times. He even gave me his card and told me to call him when I was in tokyo. Probably wont take him up but the offer was nice.


the striking coastline of dogashima. cool name too.

Well they were the most significant events of the trip. It was really cool to get out of the city and see some of Japans nature, there were a couple of really nice bus trips through misty mountains on the way. Also, it was nice to see Japanese people outside the shackles of their boring businessperson lives and actually loosening up and relaxing. I even saw balcony's used for something other than hanging washing!

Anyways....more of Japanese breaking the shackles of work soon....i went to a Japanese BBQ on the weekend but will write about it a little later so as not to put all my eggs in one basket so to speak.

Keep on keeping on
tttimmy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
onLoad="openindex()"
onLoad="openindex()"